International Student Affairs Coordinator (Interim)
The University of Wisconsin-Richland is seeking an International Student Affairs Coordinator (Interim). The successful candidate will exhibit a strong commitment to higher education, international students and student services. Position runs from approximately August 1, 2015 to July 31, 2016, with the possibility of renewal. The Interim International Student Services Coordinator works as a part of the Student Affairs team at UW-Richland, reporting to the Assistant Campus Dean for Student Affairs. The position is primarily dedicated to meeting the needs of UW-Richland international students through recruitment, orientation, retention and general advising. The Coordinator also provides services to all students with the goals of increasing enrollment, student success and retention rates and providing staff support from admission until successful transfer.
75% - Coordinate International Student Recruitment & Retention
- Primary responsibility for maintaining relationships with and fulfilling all aspects of programs that bring international students to UW-Richland, which include Youth For Understanding (YFU), International Research & Exchanges Board (IREX), and contracted recruitment agencies and partnership programs.
- Develop and advise a student organization and create other initiatives that are focused on integrating international students with native U.S. students and on developing the awareness and appreciation of local and international cultures on the UWR campus and in the community.
- Has responsibilities for “high risk” international students
- Recruit international students by visiting area English as a Second Language (ESL) schools and high schools by meeting/corresponding with potential students to assist them with cultural, visa, transportation, and other questions/concerns.
- Serve as principal support person for independent international students.
- Develop a mentor friend network to assist international students with integration to the local community.
- Conduct the international student orientation programs for new students.
- Review and maintain copies of passports, visas, and other documents relating to immigration status for international students, bringing any irregularities to the attention of program administrators, the Assistant Dean/Student Services, and the PDSO of the UW Colleges.
- Supervise and work in tandem with the Cultural Enrichment Coordinator.
10% - Advising
- Assist in delivery of academic and transfer advising for UWR students.
- Assists in the coordination of the registration process, including Summer Time Advising & Registration (STAR) sessions held for new students during the summer months.
5% - Recruitment & Retention
- Assists in the coordination and delivery of retention programming (Richland ROCKS Week, Welcome Week)
- Plays an active role in the overall recruitment/retention process at UWR.
5% - Testing
- Coordinates UW System Placement Testing and multiple measures placement testing for UW-Richland students
5% - Other
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Campus Dean for Student Services or the CEO/Dean.
Qualifications: A Bachelor’s degree is required. Preference will be given to candidates that have experience working collaboratively and effectively in diverse settings as well as team environments, have demonstrated strong interpersonal communication skills to effectively reach out to diverse populations - international populations in particular, and also has experience fostering student growth and development. Applicants should address these qualifications in their application materials.
Salary is $42,167 per year.
The University of Wisconsin Colleges is the freshman-sophomore liberal arts transfer institution of the world-renowned University of Wisconsin System. The UW Colleges comprises thirteen two-year campuses around the state, plus UWC Online, each of which offers an excellent liberal arts and pre-professional education for students beginning work toward a bachelor's degree. The UW Colleges also offers a Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences at six of its campuses. See http://www.uwc.edu for more information about the UW Colleges.
Email resume, cover letter and names and contact information for three professional references to Dundee McNair at email@example.com by July 5, 2015.
Mathematics Lecturer - full time
UW-Richland in Richland Center is seeking a full-time instructor to teach four courses in mathematics during the fall semester, 2015, with the possibility of spring teaching as well. The campus is approximately 1 ½ hours by car from Madison.
MAT 105 Introduction to College Algebra MWF 8:00-8:50
MAT 108 Quantitative Reasoning MWF 1:00-1:50
MAT 110 College Algebra MWF 10:30-11:20
MAT 110 College Algebra TTh 4:00-5:15
Course descriptions can be found at http://www.uwc.edu/catalog/courses/
A master’s degree in mathematics is required. The successful candidate must present evidence of excellent teaching and demonstrate a strong commitment to quality undergraduate teaching and learning.
Salary: depends on highest degree and amount of experience.
To apply: Send letter of interest, resume, transcripts, and contact information for three references to the office of Dean Patrick Hagen. Email Lori Norman, Assistant to the Dean: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be accompanied by a statement of whether the applicant wishes to have the application held in confidence or made available to the public upon request. Employment will require a background check. AA/EO Employer. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
For more information about UW-Richland, please explore this website www.richland.uwc.edu or visit the campus at 1200 Highway 14 West, Richland Center, WI 53581.
Economics lecturer - part-time
The University of Wisconsin-Richland is seeking a lecturer in Economics for the Fall 2015 semester. This is a part-time position to teach ECO 203 (Macroeconomics).
ECO 203 (3 credits) TR 6:00-7:15 PM
Master’s degree in the discipline or closely related field required, PhD or ABD preferred. Post-secondary teaching experience strongly preferred. To apply, send letter of interest, resume, unofficial transcripts, and contact information for three references to the office of Dean Patrick Hagen. Email Lori Norman, Assistant to the Dean: email@example.com.
Applications must be accompanied by a statement of whether the applicant wishes to have the application held in confidence or made available to the public upon request. Employment will require a background check. AA/EO Employer. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
For more information about UW-Richland, please explore this website or visit the campus at 1200 Highway 14 West, Richland Center, WI 53581.
Volleyball & Soccer Coaches