Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences (BAAS) Degree Completion Program
The Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences degree completion program is a bachelor’s degree that can be earned right here at UW-Richland in collaboration with UW-Platteville. The degree is conferred by UW Colleges. Classes are taught by faculty from both UW-Richland and UW-Platteville.
The BAAS degree includes a strong component of community involvement and practical experience and is heavily weighted toward the skills that employers have told us they want.
- good reading and writing skills
- the ability to work in teams
- the ability to assimilate information and solve complex problems
- awareness of global cultures and issues
The BAAS degree has several innovative features.
- a professional experience component that includes internships and service-learning
- a year-long senior capstone seminar allowing you to focus on an individualized research project
- credit for prior learning if you can show that you have knowledge equivalent to a university-level course required for the BAAS degree
- flexible course delivery, including online classes, accelerated short-course formats, and evening or weekend courses
To enroll, you must have an Associate of Arts and Science degree from UW-Richland or an equivalent liberal arts associate degree. UW-Richland BAAS students are eligible to apply for UW-Richland Scholarship Program awards; they are considered continuing students.To find out if the BAAS is right for you, please contact a student affairs advisor or contact:
Joanna Muller, BAAS Coordinator
608-647-6186, Ext. 228