UW System requires all new students to participate in English and math placement testing. Test results are used in the advising/registration process. Advance registration for testing is required. Contact Student Affairs. The English & math placement tests will last 90 minutes per test. In addition to the 90-minute objective test, a 30-minute writing sample is part of the process. Use of a non-graphing hand-held calculator is allowed for the Math Test. Students desiring to take the foreign language placement test should make arrangements for this special testing on an individual appointment basis.
Test Dates for Fall 2013 Admission
- Saturday, April 20, 9am – 1pm/Coppertop
- Saturday, April 27, 8am – 1pm /Coppertop ***
- Wednesday, May 8, 12noon-4pm/Pippin
- Saturday, May 11, 9am – 1pm/Coppertop
- Saturday, May 18, 1pm - 5pm/Coppertop
- Saturday, June 1, 9am – 1pm/Coppertop
- Wednesday, June 19, 12noon-4pm/Pippin
*** Regional test date
Test Dates for Spring 2014 Admission
- Tuesday, October 22, 2013, 8:30am –12:30pm
- Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 8:30am –12:30pm
- Friday, December 6, 2013, 12:30-4:30pm
- Monday, December 23, 2013, 8:30am –12:30pm
- Monday, January 6, 2014, 1-5pm
- Thursday, January 16, 2014, 8:30am –12:30pm
Spring testing will be conducted in the Pippin Conference Center/Melvill Hall, near the Student Affairs Office.
Live far from UW-Richland & closer to another UW campus?
Many campuses of the University of Wisconsin participate in the Regional Placement Testing Program. If you live closer to another UW campus, you may want to explore the possibility of taking the English & math tests closer to home. Contact your guidance counselor to inquire about available testing dates closer to home and then be sure to register according to the procedures indicated by the regional testing guidelines.