Alumni and friends of UW-Richland and the Richland County College are welcome to join the Association, an organization with these goals:
- to promote and cultivate friendships and foster mutual aid among members
- to promote and cultivate the interests and welfare of the school
- to expand and gain a strong relationship between alumni and the school
- to receive, invest, and use gifts, contributions and bequests of money and/or real and personal property.
To achieve these goals, the Association shares news of alumni and the campus with members and friends through a twice-a-year newsletter, and helps support the campus in a multitude of ways, one example being co-sponsorship of the spring Graduation and Awards Night reception. The Association membership funds scholarships for current students. And, each year the Association recognizes two alumni-one from the current campus (1967 or later), and one from the earlier campus (1966 and before)-for their success and accomplishments by naming them "Outstanding Alumni of the Year."
To bring former students into contact with each other and the campus, the UW-Richland Alumni Association organizes special events. Those typically include Fall Alumni Day, typically held the first Saturday in October, and Alumni Homecoming, featuring Red-versus-Blue alumni basketball, in March.
Board members meet about every other month and all former students of either campus are eligible to join the Association, participate in events and activities, and serve on the board.
The tradition of higher education in Richland County has deep roots. In 1903, the first college was established in Richland Center. Through various changes and incarnations-from Normal School, to Teachers College, from the WSU System to the UW Center System to the University of Wisconsin-Richland Colleges campus of today-the tradition continues. Supporting that tradition since 1967, when the last graduating class at the County College to keep the memory of their campus alive established an alumni association, today known as the UW-Richland Alumni Association.
Join the Association! Membership dues are:
- per year: $4/individual; $5/couple
- for 3 years: $10/individual; $12/couple
- lifetime: $75/individual; $100/couple
To join, send a check made out to the UW-Richland Alumni Association to:
Alumni Liaison John Poole
1200 Highway 14 West
Richland Center, WI 53581-1316
Alumni Board of Directors
- President: Kathy Granger, Class of 1966
- Vice-President: Jessica Laeseke, Class of 2009
- Secretary: Christopher Nolet, Class of 1994
- Treasurer: Derek Kalish, Class of 2003
- Ken Thiede, Class of 1978
- Mark Harper, Class of 1993
- Dory Wallace, Class of 1964
- Francis Braithwaite, Class of 1962
- Barbara Wentz, Class of 1975
- Emery Sanchez, Class of 2008
- Lisa Behling, Class of 1994, Faculty-Staff Liaison
- John Poole, Class of 1968, General Liaison