A ceremonial groundbreaking was held Friday, October 11 at Campus View, the housing facility for University of Wisconsin-Richland students.
To be constructed behind Deans Hall, located on Highway 14 directly across from the UW-Richland campus is a new stand-alone building expected to house up to 26 students in suites with bath accommodations in each of the two-person units.
Groundbreaking participants were:
- Richard Weber, president of Campus View;
- Dr. Patrick Glenn Hagen, CEO/Dean of UW-Richland;
- Glen Brown, director of Campus View;
- George Henze, vice president of Campus View;
- Jane Zarada, treasurer of Campus View;
- Kay Ziegahn, Campus View board member ;
- Jane Jones, office manager at Campus View;
- Annette Hackbrath-Onson, UW-Richland assistant campus dean for student affairs; and
- Larry Fowler, of Woodland Consultants, the architectural/engineering company for the project.
“We’re pleased that Campus View and the UW-Richland Foundation are working together to provide this needed service for our students,” Dean Hagen said. “This new facility will help us to grow.”
Weber said, “It’s very exciting. The real action begins on Monday.”
Monday is when the Boson Company, Inc., a Marshfield-based construction company, takes over from the ceremonial groundbreakers and begins the project, expected to be complete by April of 2014, in time for summer residential programs.
Separate floors for men and women are planned and the new facility is also to have common study, laundry and recreation areas. The expectation is that the new facility will be open for students in the fall of 2014 raising the number of students that can be accommodated in campus housing from 119 to 145.
Like current Campus View facilities, the new units will include furniture and appliances, cable television service in every room and lounge, Wi-Fi throughout, electricity and heating, guaranteed free parking, social and educational activities and a residence life staff on site 24 hours a day.
For more information about Campus View housing for UW-Richland students, visit online https://richland.uwc.edu/campus/resources/students/housing/campus-view . Or call Campus View at (608) 647-6709.