In order to apply to UW-Platteville Richland, please submit the following items::
- UW System application: apply.wisconsin.edu
- $50 application fee
- Waived for students transferring directly from one of the UW two-year campuses
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Official high school transcript, GED, or HSED
- Official ACT or SAT score (new freshmen only)
- ACT school code: 4634
- SAT school code: 1662
ACT/SAT scores from the high school are accepted for admission. An official ACT/SAT score report, received directly from the testing agency, is required prior to the advising/registration program.
Students with a complete application file typically receive notice of admission within two weeks.
Application materials should be sent to:
UW-Platteville Office of Admission
1 University Plaza
Platteville WI 53818-3099
New freshmen are likely to be admitted to UW-Platteville Richland if they complete the required 17 college preparatory units and rank in the top 75 percent of their class.
Required college preparatory units:
- English: 4
- Mathematics: 3
- One unit of algebra
- One unit of geometry
- Natural science: 3
- Social science: 3
- Electives: 4
- Additional courses from the above areas, foreign language, fine arts, computer science, or other academic areas
Transfer students meeting the following requirements will be considered for admission if they have a cumulative grade point average of 2.00 or higher in college transfer courses and are in good standing at the institution they are currently attending or have attended.
Applicants must have 12 or more transferable credits from an accredited institution to be considered for admission as a transfer. Applicants with fewer than 12 credits must meet new freshmen admission guidelines.