- If you know that the item you want is not available in the UW system, you will need to submit a request through ILLiad.
- Click on the ILLiad link under Quick Links on the library home page.
- Type in your student ID number and last name.
- On the next page under New Request, select the type of item you want (Article, Book...). This will take you to an interface where you will enter the citation information.
- At the bottom of the page, click on Submit Request.
Many articles are sent electronically and are generally e-mailed in a few days. If your article was faxed or mailed, however, or you requested a book or other item, these may be picked up at the circulation desk. It generally takes two to seven days to receive an item.